In this new work(500 pgs), Sankara Bhagavadpada bridges the gulf between
The nascent and virgin continent of self-Knowing and the ancient and haloed continent of Self-Realization.
These are also the teachings, Sankara gave at an Intl Retreat in India in Feb 2016.
Synopses of the Contents of the 14 Video Clips on Sankara’s Recent Book:
‘Self-Realization Through self-Knowing’,
Published by Yogi Impressions Books Pvt Ltd, Mumbai:
VC 1: Dialogue with Subramanian Kumar
Duration = [7Mins 29Secs]
1. For whom is the Book intended?
2. Nature of the Content.
3. Difference between Self (Atma) and self (Jiva).
VC 2: Dialogue with Devika Dorai
Duration: [6Mins 24 Secs]
1. What was the motivation for writing this Book?
2. Relevance of the Book, for us moderns?
3. For whom is it intended?
VC 3: Dialogue with Samba Siva Ramanananda and Dr. Jaya Indus
Duration: [6Mins 36 Secs]
1. Is such a scholarly Book relevant?
2. Are metaphors and mythic images, your way of communication?
3. On the Siva-Sakti metaphor.
4. Importance of ‘intellectual conviction’-tenor of the Book.
VC 4: Dialogue with Subramanian Kumar and Devika Dorai
Duration: [5Mts 27Secs]
1. The Book as a Home Study Course and as a self-paced learning Course.
2. How to read the Book?
3. Significance of the mythic motif on the front cover?
4. Function of the Book?
VC 5: Dialogue with Subramanian Kumar and Dr Jaya Indus
Duration: [6Mins 19Secs]
1. Will the author answer Qs from readers and seekers?
2. Dispelling doubts about sadhana.
VC 6: Dialogue with Samba Siva Ramanananda and Devika Dorai
Duration: [8Mts 19Secs]
1. Awakening to sorrow and blossoming into a true seeker.
2. Deep and vast Hindu tradition, but there is no self-Knowing in it.
3. How self-Knowing is so different from Self-Realization.
4. Errors of the Buddha and the master J. Krishnamurti.
VC 7: Dialogue with Subramanian Kumar, Dr. Jaya Indus and Devika Dorai
Duration: [6Mins 13Secs]
1. Light on the place of the master J. Krishnamurti.
2. The importance of detachment.
3. Why is Krishnamurti so important in this Book?
4. Million paths for million seekers.
5. ‘Paths’ are not ready-made.
VC 8: Dialogue with Samba Siva Ramanananda
Duration: [3Mins 57Secs]
1. Sankara’s answer to the question, as to whether contemporary Advaitic
teaching will differ in any way from the traditional and ancient Advaitic teachings.
2. Importance of self-Knowing – as the bedrock foundation for Self-
VC 9: Dialogue with Dr. Jaya Indus and Samba Siva Ramanananda
Duration: [4Mins 59Secs]
1. self-Knowing alone can give integrity and purity.
2. What is the place of ‘Karmakanda’ (Rituals and Poojas) in your Book?
3. Book holds that without purification, there can be no Self-Realization.
VC 10: Dialogue with Devika Dorai and Subramanian Kumar
Duration: [5Mins 18Secs]
1. How do we face ourselves, the self, when it is so horrible?
2. Book: The importance of being serious.
3. Book explains the difference between self (Jivatma) and Self (Paramatma).
4. Hastamalaka’s Sutra on the relationship between the Jivatma and Paramatma.
VC 11: Dialogue with Dr. Jaya Indus and Subramanian Kumar
Duration: [7Mins 09Secs]
1. Sankara answers Qs on the role of the Publisher in suggesting the existing
title, as well as the ‘Print on Demand’. Commends the high standards of Yogi
2. Book is only for genuine seekers.
3. Mythic motif on the front cover of the Book.
VC 12: Dialogue with Subramanian Kumar
Duration: [5Mins 49Secs]
1. Sankara provides an answer to the question, as to why he chose to dialogue
with his wife, Dr. Prema, rather than with a ‘disciple’?
VC 13: Dialogue with Devika Dorai
Duration: [3Mins 29Secs]
1. Answers to Qs, regarding the ‘Tat Tvam Asi’ Trust.
VC 14: Dialogue with Subramanian Kumar and Devika Dorai
Duration: [2Mins 59Secs]
1. Book is like a ‘Sutra mala’(Necklace of Sutras or Principles).
2. Book stresses intellectual conviction.
3. Book makes you think clearly, sets you on your own unique path.